cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw won't connect to network

Polina
Apprentice

Hello, I have an issue with a Canon printer model mf642cdw. It can’t connect to my internet. It says:

Could not connect. Make sure the security settings configured for the device and the access point are the same.

I have no idea what I need to do. 
Previously, I didn’t have an issue with connection but after changing my Internet…. I just can not connect. What should I do? 

thank you in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please see my reply is this thread:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Software-Networking/imageCLASS-MF641Cw-WiFi-password-is-d...

It's from a similar model, but should  likely help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

avrohom
Apprentice

hallo, my name is avrohom i have the same issue and I can't connect my printer to the network 

and i see that it not show the correct Mac address 

maybe can someone please write out exactly what I have to do 

@avrohom wrote:

hallo, my name is avrohom i have the same issue and I can't connect my printer to the network 

and i see that it not show the correct Mac address 

maybe can someone please write out exactly what I have to do 

Greetings Avrohom,

Can you please help us by starting a new topic.  

Click this Link - New Message - Canon Community

Give Your Post a Title like "Unable To Connect [XXX Model printer ] To Wi-Fi

I selected the Desktop Printers Board For You

Message Body:

Then tell us what operating system you are using the printer with?  Windows or MAC?, with the version and build of your OS.

Tell us about your network.  Brand and model of your wireless router.

Any troubleshooting steps you performed and the result?

I'll watch for your post 😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements