cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Your Printer to T-Mobile 5G Home Internet

NCochrane
Apprentice

If you cannot connect your printer try this. 

On the T-Mobile internet app (used to change settings on the Gateway)

Go to Network > (Your network)> WPA Version. 
Change this to WPA/WPA2

The WPA encryption will change to TKIP & AES

Now set up your printer. You may need to use manual setup but try Easy Setup first. After the printer is setup, change the settings on the Gateway back to WPA2/WPA3.

Hope this helps. 

6 REPLIES 6

Paul1530
Apprentice

How do you do the manual setup?

Thanks for joining the conversation, Paul1530!  If you have a question about how to set up a specific printer, we recommend that you start a new thread in the forum so that the Community can help you.

We hope to see your post soon!

erjonesx
Apprentice

Hi, I had to change router settings to 2.4ghz and wpa2/3 and delete printer name because my old router information was locked in. Also, reset printer cannon mg3620 press and hold stop button 21 times once power button stopped flashing I went to my devices. Once I deleted cannon printer app reinstalled did search it found printer and I followed prompts. Once all devices on switched 5G router on app T-Mobile internet back now all devices print. Keep in mind it took me a day to figure out when you have a new network delete old printer information in add/delete button at bottom of app near home button. 

wildtree
Apprentice

With my Maxify MB2120 I had to do two things: 1. In T-Mobile Internet I had to add a Network with only 2.4ghz and wpa2/3. 2. I had to move through the printer screens to manually enter the wireless lan name and password.

#2 was done by going through the following screens: LAN settings > Advanced setup > scroll through networks until you see "Directly enter the wireless setup name > then manually enter the network name of your newly made 2.4 network followed by manually entering that network's passcode. And then you should be in

I found this info after digging through T-Mobiles community support and have not found it on Canon's community support

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Wildtree,

Your method is correct.  Creating a dedicated 2.4Ghz broadcast that uses WPA2 AES is recommended.  

The printer supports 2.4 Ghz wireless.  This is listed in its specifications.  I've made reference to this several hundred times here in my replies spanning multiple devices and models.

Set up assistance is available on the Product's Support Page.  maybe you missed it 😀

Canon Support for MAXIFY MB2120 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1714408668372.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I found it necessary to both change to the dedicated 2.4ghz network you described AND to go through the process of entering the network name and password manually rather than the usual way of choosing it from the list of available networks. I hope that this addition could help others who have the MB2120 or other Canon printers that do not offer the opportunity to enter the network password.

Announcements