cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Imageclass LBP622CDW PPD not working on any app

Shipwreck
Apprentice

I have a desktop imac running macOS Mojave (10.14.6) and because of some other print software for other printers, I cannot update beyond this OS.

I recently had to basically factory reset my imac as it got stuck in a bootloop - once I got it up and running again, I reinstalled all of my programs (QuarkXpress 2017, adobe apps) as well as connecting my canon printer.

I also reinstalled the drivers for my canon printer, but for some reason the PPD is not being recognized on my system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, uninstalled and reinstalled my printer, I have tried all that I can think of.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Shipwreck,

If you are unable to add the printer, I would suggest downloading and installing the UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.19 from our support site and reinstalling while any security software is turned off. 

Once reinstalled, you can click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on the options for printers. You can right click on a blank portion of the printer list and select the options to reset the printing system.

Once the system has been reset, you can click the + at the bottom of the printer list to try and add the printer. If the printer does not appear in the list as an option, you can make sure the printer is properly connected to your network or if the USB cable is properly connected.

If the printer is detected but you are unable to add or select a driver, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what might be going on during the install or what else might be causing the issue.

Shipwreck
Apprentice

I have installed these drivers, and then installed the printer. It defaults to "secure air print" - and that doesn't allow me to use the manual tray. The PPD is greyed out and I cannot print on custom sizes. So I instead select the driver for the LBP622C - it then changes the icon from my printer (the LBP622Cdw) to what I assume is the LBP630, which is a totally different printer.

When I have that driver selected, I can choose custom sizes and use the manual bypass tray, but it does not print aligned correctly. It's all off. I can only assume because the drivers are meant for a different printer.

Are there no drivers specifically for the LBP622Cdw?

Hello Shipwreck,

The secure airprint connection would be a generic Mac driver connection so it would not give you all of the printer settings that are available. If you are able to select the lbp622C from the driver list and select the trays/paper sizes, it does sound like the driver is installing. If the print is not aligned, we can check what might be causing the issue. To assist further, would you be able to include some sample images of the print alignment issue? Also, what paper size are you printing on and do you run into this problem from a specific program or from several programs? For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support over the phone and they can check what might be causing the alignment issues and check for any driver problems.

Announcements