cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant print without USB

Dred
Apprentice

I have an MG5220. Blue light is ON and network is connected. My PC cant print without a USB cable.

Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Dred!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

My operating system is Windows 7, 64-bit.

I have been using the printed by means of a USB cable/port.

I know this is a WiFi printer.

I went trough the process of setting up the LAN.  The network key was carefully entered.  I see the WiFi blue light.

When I go to print without the USB cable i get a message saying: "The printer is offline. Check that the printer cable is connected and the printer power is on" -(which they are). "if the problem persist click diagnose and repair"

I then have to use the USB cable...to no avail for the purpose of setting up a working WiFi printing.

Am I missing a tool or something???

Thanks

Dr. Ed

Hello Dred,

Try the following steps listed HERE and let us know what happens.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements