cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mx452 printer

SusieQ
Apprentice

I'm using Windows 7.  This is my only printer set to this laptop.  I am using it through a wireless router.  When I go to print, it says "Port is busy".  Eventually it prints but can take up to 10 minutes.  In the port settings, it's set to a WSD port.   After it starts printing the one copy requested, another message comes up saying "Printer not responding"....then I get a second copy (that I didn't want).

I have done the printer troubleshooting with using the USB cable, but it doesn't help.

When I initially set it up, I did it wirelessly with the CD.  Should I uninstall everything and reinstall using the USB cable, then disconnect that to set it up wirelessly?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

bnightbird
Apprentice

We just received the printer for Christmas. We installed the new drivers and everyting prints out 1/4 the size. 

I called Tech Support. They weren't able to help me either.

This happens in all applications and also when printing on-line items. We have a MAC.

Help!! We gave away our HP printer when we received this as a gift. I am geginning to think that was a bad idea, as we are now printerless.

Hello bnightbird,

Which version of Mac operating system are you using, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

10.6.   However it has been over a week since I posted. Yours is the first reply. We also called Canon Support three times since Christmas and no one could help. We returned the printer and purchased an Epson 410. It was working perfectly within minutes. No more Canon's for us.

Announcements