cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iMage app on Droid "Device Not Found" SX700

ASTOW
Apprentice

I'm trying to get my new SX700 to link to my computer (no success) and my Droid (no success).

The Canon iMage app is on the Droid and logged in/turned on/fired up.  I keep asking the camera to find it and get the Device not Found message.  

I was warned in advance this was not an easy app to connect to, so no lie there.

Any advice, other than reclicking and praying?

ASTOW

4 REPLIES 4

ASTOW
Apprentice

I'm trying to get my new SX700 to link to my computer (no success) and my Droid (no success).

The Canon iMage app is on the Droid and logged in/turned on/fired up.  I keep asking the camera to find it and get the Device not Found message.  

I was warned in advance this was not an easy app to connect to, so no lie there.

Any advice, other than reclicking and praying?

ASTOW

ASTOW
Apprentice

I loaded up the Canon iMage app on my Droid and installed it and fired it up.

I then went to the device menu on the SX700 and tried to link it up.

No go.  "Device not found" error message repeatedly.

I was warned this was not easy but this is getting rediculous.

Any help?  Some key step I'm missing?  Thanks in advance.

ASTOW

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hi ASTOW!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Thank you Shanna.

My question was, as you note, "designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way."

I searched the board(s) for help on this, found none, so posted it fresh assuming (a) I was not the only one with this problem (see some of the reviews on the Amazon and PC sites for the camera) and (b) others on the Forum may offer a suggestion.

I will follow-up with the e-mail support as well and, if that doesn't work, a phone call, although I hate have to call a help desk first time out on a brand new product.  Strikes me it should work or the steps necessary are outlined somewhere.

Appreciate your direction.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements