cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer MG3620 is not connecting to WIFI Optimum Altice box

SuzieRalph
Apprentice

Hi There,

I just got a Canon Printer MG3620 and I am trying to connect wirelessly to my home network. I am using Optimum Altice Box but somehow when I follow up the Canon set up instruction it never detects the printer. Have any of you face the same issue and managed to resolve it? If so, how did you all do it? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SuzieRalph,

To connect your PIXMA MG3620, you can use the WPS method with your Altice.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG3620 on.

2.  Please press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your PIXMA MG3620 and release it when the power light flashes

3.  Press the Black Start button 1 time

4.  Press the Wi-Fi button 1 time.  The Wi-Fi light should now be blinking on your PIXMA MG3620.

5.  Press the WPS button on the front of your router.

The Wi-Fi light on the printer will become steady, which indicates that your PIXMA MG3620 is connected to your Wi-Fi.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

venusrising
Contributor

I actually discovered the solution with further digging. I had to download the first 10 updates on the following website:  https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx410.  When MX410 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows) was installing, I connected the T-Mobile internet modem directly into the printer with a USB type C cable (I used the one from my phone charger) and the printer cable into my laptop.  

During installation, I chose the new internet, changed encryption to WPA2, entered internet password, and everything else was automatic.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements