cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA TR7820 keeps disconnecting !

thomasusa
Apprentice

I am ready so send it back. I have been fighting with it for 2 days. I have never seen that with a printer...

The printer keeps showing as offline. On the screen of the printer, it shows that it is well connected to the wifi.

Scenario : 1- I follow the official procedure: HERE

2- Printer is good, I can print some documents

3- I just need to restart my computer, and the printer keeps showing as offline 

thomasusa_0-1720654592742.png

Problem keeps appearing. I install all drivers, it works, I can print, and then the printer shows offline.

Same problem with 2 different computers (Windows 11, updated), while my iphone is still able to detect it and to print. What is the problem? Thank you very much for your help

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you power cycle the printer..  ie.. turn if off, wait a minute and turn it back on, does it successfully reconnect to your wireless and show online (ready) on your computer?

I need to ask if you have any additional networking equipment like a mesh system, in addition to your modem/router, etc? 

This is what I recommend.  Log in to your router.  Look for the list of attached devices.  Confirm your printer is connected, and has an IP assigned.  Open a second browser tab, enter the IP shown for the printer.  Its webserver should display.  If so, you've confirmed its connected to the router correctly.  

Now return to the router tab.  Look for an option to set, reserve or assign an IP address.  This might be an option on the attached devices page, or might appear on the LAN tab.  What you want to do is reserve the IP the router has assigned to the printer.  This only needs to be done once.  Restart the printer again and confirm you can access its webserver at the IP you have reserved/assigned.  Now the printer has a static IP address.

Open settings on your PC.  Select Bluetooth and Devices.  Select Printers and Scanners.  Select you Canon printer.  Select Remove. 

Important - Restart your computer

Now return to the same settings applet.  Select Add Device.  Then select the device I want to add is not displayed > then press add manually.  The dialog below will appear.

shadowsports_0-1720662694722.png

Select the radio button Add a printer by IP Address or Hostname.  Enter the IP address you reserved for the printer.  It will detect and load the drivers.  

Post again after 24 hrs and let us know the results.  

Now 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick.

Yesterday worked fine after I reinstalled the CANON software and drivers on my computer but today, it is back to the same problem.

The printer is still ON. I even disable the ECO energy function so it does not turn off. The ip address did not change. I was able to check that,

The printer has the WIFI symbol always ON saying it is connected.

Thank you for your help

click here to view the gallery
Announcements