cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF264DW Could not install the scanner driver. Try again Windows 11

edgewriter
Apprentice

I was using my MF264DW on my windows 10 PC but when I got a new PC the driver package would not install.

I now have Windows 11 Pro 

Version 22H2

OS Build 22621.2428

I tried for ten hours searching online and throughout the forums here for guidance. I tried every fix I found. I think the problem is that the scanner driver has an old certificate or expired certificate. Eventually was able to get almost everything but the scanner to work. I was able to install the following drivers: Canon MF260 UFRII LT, Canon Generic Plus PCL6, Canon Generic Plus PCL6 V250 However no scanner option will work with those drivers. 

I downloaded the latest version of the driver from Canon MF260MFDriverV6101WP. I put it into the C drive and ran as administrator. The install package gets stuck at the end of the process and stops me.

When installing over the network I am able to select the printer and it starts, but I get the error: Could not install the scanner driver. Try to install again

When installing over usb, the files go only so far before I get the error: An error occurred while copying files. Try to install again

Currently I can get the scanner to work if I instal a separate instance of the printer using the standard microsoft driver: Microsoft IPP Class Driver, but the windows scan app sucks. There are almost no settings and the scanning is super slow. I want to use the MF Scan Utility, but it says that there is no driver installed.

Is there a setting in the actual menus on the printer itself that might help?

2 REPLIES 2

edgewriter
Apprentice

I see everyone else is just as stumped as me. Is nobody else having this issue? I have searched and searched. What is the possibility Canon releases an update?

Thanks for joining the conversation, edgewriter!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements