cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageCLASS MF8380Cdw cannot find network/SSIN

nsoil
Apprentice

Hi there,

My printer randmply stopped printing this morning so I shut it off and turned it back on again and it still did not print. The wifi light started blinking after turning the printer back on so I tried to reconnect it to my network. I followed the Wireless LAN Setting Guide but cannot get past the part of selecting my SSIN. There are two other nearby wireless networks that come up but not mine for some reason. I know my network is running, all lights are blinking on the router and I am connected to it on other devices. I tried to manually enter it and then enter the WAP2 encrypton but the printer says "Cannot find access point". The router is literally right next to the printer so there is nothing blocking it. Someone please help.

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi Nsoil,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.  Also, can you answer these questions:

1. Did you loss power at your place since the last time it printed?

2. Was the OS updated or any other program updated since the last time it printed?

3. Was any equipment moved recently?

I would turn off the computer, printer and router. Unplug router for a minute. Reconnect it then turn it on. Once completely booted up, turn on the printer. Try connecting it again to the router using Wireless LAN Setting Guide. If the printer connects, please turn on the computer.  Once completely booted up, try printing again.

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If this is required, we will have to recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements