cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageCLASS LBP6230W Mac Printer Driver Disappointment

svogt
Apprentice

The Canon printer driver for the Canon imageCLASS LBP6230 is terrible. It doesn't seem to work at all.

I bought this printer specifically to print music.  On my first try, what it printed was virtually unreadable.  My other musician friends got these same PDFs and they printed just fine on a variety of other brand printers.  On one PDF, the staff lines were so light, as to be almost nonexistent.  On another PDF it printed complete black box on all of the pages.

This was not music that was scanned to a PDF.  I am pretty sure it was produced on a music app and exported to a PDF.  The PDF is very high quality.

After spending a lot of time, money on paper and a new toner cartridge (the one made by Canon specifically for this printer) I found out by accident that the problem was the Mac printer driver I downloaded from the Canon site.  A friend has a Windows computer and offered to let me use it to print my files on my new LBP6230W printer.  They printed just fine from the Windows computer using the Windows Canon driver, but were completely unreadable when printed from the Mac.

Additionally, I spent a fair amount of time talking to Canon support whose only goal, it seems, was to prove the printer was working in some simple cases, and not to give real help.

My question is, why can't Mac users get the same support that Windows users get in terms of printer drivers that work?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Svogt,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. You can also contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 for a more immediate resolution.

1. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Which driver file did you download from our support site?
  3. What program are you printing the PDF files from?
  4. Is this issue only happening with PDF files? Also, could you attach a sample image of the issue?
Announcements