cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G4010 series failed wifi negotiation

mwpowelllde
Apprentice

We see the SSID, and push beyond that to passphrase, enter that, waits for a minute, and responds to the effect it is unable to connect. Several questions around this:

• what protocol sequence is happening behind the scenes? Does not seem like a 'simple' find router and connect sequence. i.e. are there Canon servers / services behind that connection?
  • are the Canon servers down? have they been discontinued? are they out of support?

I am thinking here has got to be more than a simple straightforward SSID connection involved.

Beyond that, assuming we connect to our router, I have the DHCP tables finding the MAC and assigning a static IP address, one that computers on our internal network can find manually. Verified, that's worked in the past, assuming we can get beyond the wifi connection failed negotiation.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact model Canon printer. The PIXMA G4010 is listed as a non US printer model.  Also let us know which operating system and version.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you

mwpowelllde
Apprentice

Yes, pretty sure that's PIXMA G4010 (series).

Thanks for confirming your model, mwpowelllde!  The PIXMA G4010 isn't available here in the United States, and since the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the US by Canon USA, we're only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements