cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 922 suddenly refuses to wirelessly print

aoertel
Contributor

After working perfectly for about a month, my nearly new 922 MFP decided to stop printing from my chromebooks suddenly.  It prints fine from my desktop running windows 10 but stubbornly refuses the print from the google cloud.  I checked teh settings under chrome and it says the printer is functioning normally

I have even tried re-running the setup and teh printer detected and connected to teh network.  Any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aoertel,

Let's try setting up your PIXMA MX922 with Google Cloud Print again.  Please try deleting your PIXMA MX922 from Google Cloud Print following the procedure below:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Press the Menu button and select Web service.

3.  Select Web service setup, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the up or down buttons to select Cloud settings, then press the OK button.

5.  Select Google Cloud Print setup, then press the OK button.

6.  Use the up or down buttons to select Delete from Google Cloud Print, then press the OK button.

7. When the confirmation screen to delete the machine is displayed, select Yes, then press the OK button.

Once reset, please setup your PIXMA MX922 again:

1.  Press Menu button and select Web service.

2.  Select Web service setup, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the up or down buttons to select Cloud settings, then press the OK button.

4.  Select Google Cloud Print setup, then press the OK button 5.

5.  Use the up or down buttons to select Register with Google Cloud Print, then press the OK button.

6.  When the confirmation screen to register the machine is displayed, use the up or down buttons to select Yes, then press the OK button.

7.  Use the up or down buttons to select a display language on the print setting screen of Google Cloud Print, then press the OK button. The confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed.

8.  Load Letter-sized plain paper.

9.  Press the OK button. The authentication URL is printed.

10.  Ensure that the authentication URL is printed, use the up or down buttons to select Yes, then press the OK button.

11.  Perform the authentication process using the web browser on the computer or the mobile device. Access to the URL using the web browser on the computer or the mobile device and perform the authentication process following the on-screen instructions. Note: Perform the authentication process with your Google account which you have gotten in advance.

12.  When the message that the registration is complete is displayed on the LCD of the machine, press the OK button. 

When authentication process is complete properly, the registration items are displayed.

When authentication process is complete, please attempt to print with Google Cloud Print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements