cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot scan with MG6620

KenR
Apprentice

My operating system is the most current version of OS X Yosemite.  I am wirelessly connected and can print but not scan.  This is a recent development as I could previously both print and scan on this computer.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi KenR,

The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX will need to be running on your Mac in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, please go to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have followed your instructions but when I open the Canon Utilities folder there are 6 folders, none of which are named "IJ Network Scannor Selector EX".  The closest names are "IJ Network Tool" and "IJ Scan Utility".  Clicking on the former opens to a "Canon IJ Network Tool.app" folder; clicking on the latter takes me to "Canon IJ Scan Utility2.app".  None of the available folders take me to "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" or "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" icon.  Am I missing something or is there another approach available?  Thanks for trying to help with this.

Hi KenR!

If you're still having issues, we ask that you contact our award-winning all-American technical support team at  http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements