cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 disconnected from Wifi won`t connect back

chinmaym
Apprentice

Got a new Canon PIXMA MG3620. Connected to my Wifi as per the guide, It connected well gave it a print command from my phone and laptop and it worked all good. 

Two days pass by i.e. today I gave a print command and my laptop or phone cannot find the printer on network, it showed the printer is disconnected. I printed the network config fromt the printer and it shows wifi status as ACTIVE. 

Tried to do the network setup again but it doesn`t show the screen it showed the first time but takes me to a page showing - SSID and Password already filled in and at this point it takes me on printer Wifi and brings me back to my network. 

Not sure, if what is wrong or any steps I should take to keep it connected all the time. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi chinmaym,

On the Network Configuraton page that you printed, is your home's Wi-Fi network name listed next to "SSID" ?

SSID will be listed 10 lines down from the top of the first page, in the "Infrastructure" section.

5 lines below SSID, you will find "Signal Strength".  The number next to Signal Strength should be higher than 70%.

2 lines below that, you will see "IP Address".  Please take note of the address there.  It will look like 192.168.1.34 or 10.0.0.33 or something like that.

On your computer, please open a web browser.  In the address bar of the web browser, please type in the IP Address that you see on the Network Configuration page (2 lines below Signal Strength).

Once you type in the address, please press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard.

Are you able to access the remote user interface of your PIXMA MG3620?

If the remote user interface does not appear, please turn your printer off.

Next, please unplug the power cord to your router.  Wait 5 seconds and reconnect the power cord to the router.

Once the router is back online, please turn your printer back on.

Print another Network Configuration page and check to see if the IP Address listed 2 lines below Signal Strength has changed.  Please enter that IP Address in the web browser again to see if you can access the remote user interface.

If you can see the remote user interface, please attempt to print.

If not, please reply to this post with the version of Windows that is installed on your computer.  If you are using a Mac, please let us know what version of OSX is installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements