cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print wirelessly after installing Windows 8.1 Update

richardjen
Apprentice

My imageClass mf4890dw was working fine before with Windows 8.1 over wireless network. But I can't print after installing Windows 8.1 Update. It shows Status "Error - printing" in the print queue.

I downloaded MF4800_Series_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2.exe and try to install the driver again, but it couldn't find the wireless network printer.

Wireless printing on my other PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 8 are working fine. But wireless printing for two PCs with Windows 8.1 stop working after installing the latestest Windows 8.1 Update.

Please help.

Thanks,

Richard

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi richardjen.

I know this issue is frustrating and I will be glad to assist you.  I would like to ask a few questions, if that is okay:

1. Were you able to uninstall the drivers before reinstalling them, or did you receive any errors?
  2. How many icons for the MF4800 Series are listed in the [Devices and Printers] window?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

1. I did not uninstall the driver. I just tried to re-install one with the downloaded driver, but it couldn't find the printer over the wireless network.

2. There are three icons - a. Canon MF4800 Series (FAX), b. Canon MF4800 Series UFRII LT(this is the default) and c. Canon MF4800 UFRII LT XPS.

Thanks,

Richard

Correction, there ae four icons. The icon for "Canon MF4800 Series" looks like disabled.  

I am able to connect to the printer by http://192.168.0.109 form my other PC where the printer is working fine. Looks like something changed after I installed the Windows 8.1 Update, I can't connect to the http://192.168.0.109 from the newly upadated PC. So it is a network problem, just don't know why it can't ping the same IP address anymore.

Any suggestion based on this new information?

Thanks,

Richard

Nevermind, I've figured this out. My dual band wireless router has WLAN Partition enabled, devices using different band can't see each others. I disabled this feature and all is wrknig now.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi richardjen.

Thank you for that information.  I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Have a good day and thank you for choosing Canon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements