cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect MP560 to Chromebook

DPM309
Apprentice

Just purchased a Chomebook and cannot get it to detect my MP560 printer. Tried manually, and the MP560 is not even listed in the Chromebook printer set up page. Tried all of the generic printers with no luck. Using a wireless network and have had no problems with my desktop and laptop detecting the printer. Could it be that this printer is too old for Chromebook?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DPM309,

The PIXMA MP560 is not a Cloud Reeady printer.

To use your PIXMA MP560 with your Chromebook, it must first be installed on a Windows or Mac computer.

Next, it must be set up as a Classic Printer on the computer you just installed it on so your PIXMA MP560 can use Google Cloud Print with your Chromebook.

To do this, please follow the steps for connecting a Classic Printer from Google's web site:

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not work. Cannot set up my printer or do not know how to set it up as described. Not sure which it is. My printer works on my HP and cannot figure out how to do it for the chromebook. What else do you suggest sice I cannot locate a cloud print in the options?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Salty,

Google ended Google Cloud Print at the beginning of 2021.  Because of this, printing with a PIXMA MP560 is not supported with Chromebooks.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements