cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in wireless connection setup software (manual) when multiple routers/access points exist

jvcline77
Apprentice

I purchased a new PIXMA TS6320 printer. I have a mac.  I bought it because I was having an issue connecting my PIXMA MX 922 to wireless.  I figured several years difference between models and you all would have solved this problem.  I figured wrong.

My issue appears to stem from the fact that I have a home network with multiple access points (getting more and more common, right?).  When I try to connect to my printer using the Easy Wireless setup process, it fails. I can't use WPS because my access points do not have a WPS button.  So, I am left with the manual process.

I try to connect my printer to the wireless network and it simply will not work for one simple reason... your software skips the step where it asks for the password to the wireless network before it attempts to connect... and there is no way to enter the password.

This only happens when multiple access points exist.  When I try to connect to my hotspot, it immediately asks for the password and connects fine. But, that is not a solution because I don't intend to use the hotspot and may not always have it.

Here is a short video showing you exactly step by step what happens:

https://www.loom.com/share/b2211264f4b74c9dbdb1001a393bcf67?sharedAppSource=personal_library

JC

3 REPLIES 3

kaosken
Apprentice

The same problem on the new G7020 Big Tank printter. How is it after years of having a manual way to install and configure these wippersnapper bit twiddlers decide that thy will just make it automatic with EasyWIFI? NOT!

Nice printer and elagant ECO tank design but this install is a giant PIA!

Anyone have a solution to make a manual install on the new product?

Greetings,

Both of you are new here, so welcome to the forums.

It's not easy to provide support or recommendations in a single thread where two users are experiencing similar behavior but have completely different hardware and network environments

Without knowing about your individual environments, I will say the following:

Both of  these printers only support 2.4Ghz wireless...

So if you are using with a dual or tri-band 2.4/5Ghz router using SMART Connect or similar (One SSID for all broadcasts)

or 

A mesh system with a single SSID broadcast for all bands..  the printer may have difficulty connecting.

If this situation applies, disabling SMART connect or similar temporarily while you are connecting to the 2.4Ghz broadcast may help.

@kaosken, you should start your own thread so that others can assist based on your hardware and environment.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi kaosken,

To connect your PIXMA G7020 to your wireless network using the manual method, please follow the steps provided on this page:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177733

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements