cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 fax reports??????

alflores1975
Apprentice

My mx922 printer automatically prints out a fax report...without me asking for one. Just does it on its own. How do i stop it...please...anyone????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi pfeldman,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <MENU> button.

2.  Select Setup and press OK.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Use the up or down button to select [FAX settings], then press the <OK> button.

5.  Use the up or down button to select [Auto Print Settings], then press the <OK> button.

6.  Use the up or down button to select [TX report], then press the <OK> button.

7.  Use the up or down button to select [PRINT ERROR ONLY], then press the <OK> button.

Your PIXMA MX922 will only print a report when there is an error.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I have this same issue and I did all those steps, it's still printing these stupid reports. I'm not even trying to fax. I just replaced my ink and all I've been able to print is these error reports. Just like a printer company, to waste ink on reports and test pages.

Hi cfatic,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

When  the power plug is disconnected, all faxes stored in the machine's memory are deleted. If there were any reports stuck in the printer, this should clear them out.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mark6t9
Apprentice
I have a Canon MX532. I used the printer 1 time to send a fax. Immediately afterward came the fax reports! I have done everything including factory reset and if I don't have what I want to print ready to be printed and too much time passes the fax reports start coming! The only way I can print anything is to hit the print but as soon as I got the power button on the printer! I have Never witnessed anything like this in my life! It is 2021, and as far as technology has come,and a big company like Canon? There is absolutely No excuse for this! Especially after reading literally hundreds of complaints regarding the Identical issue!!! I regret buying a Canon printer and I will NEVER buy another!

Mark6t9
Apprentice
Would you mind explaining how hitting the power button while the printer is unplugged can do anything? I'm sure there is a reason, however just off the top of my head with no power going to the printer I would assume hitting any buttons would do absolutely nothing
Announcements