cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not print from one of my computers

Emile
Apprentice

I have a canon Pixma mx 722 and can not print from my desk top computer. i am running windos 10. when i send a print job nothing hapens.  the printer is coneted wirelessly and works fine from my lap top also running windows 10. from the desk top i can ping the printer and see that it is online and get the ink levels and log into the web page for the settings and all but when printing nothing. i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still no good. In open office i get a mesage could not start printer ceck printer configeration. With notepad i get "The specified driver is invalid". I have tryed updating the driver and if printing from web page i get nothing after i click print all closses as if it is going to print but nothing hapens. Have no idear where to go from here any help would be grate 

Thank you Emile

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Emile,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MX722 will resolve this issue. To do this, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MX722 and then follow these steps:

1. Click on the Windows Start Menu button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.

4. Click on the Canon MX720 series MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.

5. Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.

Once uninstalled, we will make sure that it has been removed:

1. Click on the Windows Start Menu button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on View devices and printers.

4. If there are any Canon MX720 series printers in this window, place the cursor over it, press the right mouse button and then click the left mouse button on Remove Device.

5. Repeat this until all Canon MX720s have been removed.

6. Restart the computer once complete.

To reinstall your PIXMA MX722, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2. Type PIXMA MX722 in the "enter a model" box and click GO.

3. In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click the Select button next to "MX720 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

4. Click the Download button.

5. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

6. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

7. Double click [mp68-win-mx720-1_01-ea32_2.exe]. Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed all these steps and still have the same problem. Driver setup recognized my printer's wifi connection, and windows printer troubleshooter can't recognize a problem. I am running the latest update of Windows 10. Problems started when I had to reinstall Windows 10 in mid-July. 

Announcements