Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Support Code 1403- install Correct Print Head?- I have a pixma MG5522

I just tried several times to reseat the print head, which has never given me problems, nor have I ever done anything to it to cause this.

I'm still getting the red-outlined warning that the Type of print head is incorrect (really? same one as it's always been)

After being a loyal Canon customer for over 25 years, this is it.

About to go on Amazon to buy a new printer and it will NOT be Canon.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

MX922 to the list! Error 1403 "The type of print head is incorect. Install the correct print head" happened when I was printing!

I took other head from different mx922 (because I have seven of them!) and printer works just fine, it means the old head is dead. Just replace it - and your printer will work again! No problem at all, right Canon? Oh wait... whole new printer costs $70 on amazon, and just one printhead - $75. Hey, Canon where I can buy new printhead for $10? What? 

PS I bought that printer 15 months ago

Never Canon Again!

New Contributor

Same here on My 922...I may have printed 100 pages max (no exaggeration) since buying it new in 2015 and the printer head is bad?   I have reseated and cleaned the head sevaral times and set inks several times and code 1403 wont go away.