08-01-2017 01:45 PM
I just bought the Pixma MX922 printer and I can't stand the My Image Garden Software! It is not intuitive nor helpful in making CD labels. It does not allow any modifications to the STANDARD layouts. I am accostomed to using the Epson CD software and it sounds like it is mirrored in the Canon CD-Label Print software, but THAT DID NOT COME WITH MY PRINTER! I would like to get a copy of the CD-Label Print software to try out with my computer. I have Windows 10 and/or Windows 7.
How do I download a copy of the CD-Label Print software to try it out? I am sorely disapointed in Canon, as far as CD/DVD label print software is concerned.
08-02-2017 06:53 AM
You can adjust the layouts when CD printing with My Image Garden. Please open My Image Garden and follow these steps:
1. On the left hand side, in the directory view, please browse to the folder where your images are and choose your photo. The photo you wish to use will now appear on the right hand side. Click on it.
2. Click on New Art at the bottom and then Disk Label.
3. Select Standard and click OK.
4. Click on Background and then select Photo. Your selected photo will now fill the image of the DVD.
5. Click Layout. Choose your desired layout. Try using the first layout in the 3rd row down.
6. 3 text boxes will appear overlaying your image on the DVD. If you move your cursor over the text box's outline, the cursor will turn into a 4 headed arrow. If you click and hold the mouse button down while moving the cursor, you can reposition the text box. When you place the cursor over one of the boxes on the outline of the text box, you will be able to resize the text box. You can also rotate the text box by clicking the "Rotate Freely" button.
7. Click Print.
8. Make any necessary adjustments and then click Print to print the label on the DVD.
To view the video of this process, please follow this link:
02-26-2018 10:29 AM
I have to agree with cweasion. After spending at least a half-day, probably closer to a full day trying to print a CD label I finally find this post. But, you tell him to:
" 2. Click on New Art at the bottom and then Disk Label." but my copy of 'My Image Garder doesn't have that option.
Somewhere I vaguely remember seeing something about downloading additional art only being available if the printer is loaded with onlt Canon ink. If the 'New Art' button is restricted only to printers loaded with Canon ink and you therefore cannot print CDs unless you use only Canon ink I would say that is FALSE ADVERTISING. No where on the box the printer came in nor in any of the advertising material I have found for the Pixma MX922 does it say that the CD print function is only available when you use Canon ink. I'm sure not spending $71.00 to find out when I can trash that printer and by a different one for about that much money.
02-10-2019 01:49 PM