cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mg2520 has error 5011 new out of box. uninstall and reinstall software does not help. fix?

REDTEXASNATIVE
Apprentice

New out of box Pixma2520 gives error code 5011. Followed all instructions' uninstalled and reinstalled software.  Does not help.  Also will not feed paper.  All packaging materials have been removed and ink cartridges reinserted.  Also will not align print head when prompted t do so. Solutions?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi REDTEXASNATIVE,

Since you have already verified that all packaging materials have been removed, as well as have removed/reseated the ink cartridges in the unit, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, I needed a printer when I purchased yours. Fyi I tried everything you have suggested here with the same result, but I took it back to the point of purchase and got a refund--purchased an HP which worked perfectly.
Announcements