cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6300 printer won't print from cassette tray

Mattynabib
Apprentice

I have the TS6300 and am having this same problem reguarly, fromting from my Macbook Pro OSX Catalina 10.15.7. The following example is from MS Word, but this happens in many situations.

I have regulation letter-size paper loaded in the cassette. There is nothing in the rear feed, and it is closed (this picture is for illustration only, when I try to print the main cassette is properly inserted, of course):

IMG_9964.JPG

From the print dialog I choose Main Tray (the only other option being Rear Tray). I have tried specifying the media typel it makes no difference, nor does the quality setting:

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 12.18.23 PM.png

I hit print. The printer immediately responds that there is a problem with the paper loaded in the rear tray... which is not the tray I want to deal with at all:

IMG_9963.JPG

This is becoming more and more of a nuisance, and I also expect the driver or firmware are at fault.

Is there any expected fix for this any time soon? If the answer ends up being "You just need to buy a newer printer" (this one being only a year old or so), that will be unacceptable to the point that it may cause me to end my relationship with Canon. 

Please tell me there is a reliable and easy solution for this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Mattynabib
Apprentice

"I gave a Kudo to the person who posted this a while ago. This was the solution that worked for me :
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174811&cat=MEGATANK_INKJET_PRINTERS&actp=L...

That solution seems great - but it is specific to Windows. Is there a similar solution for Mac users?

It looks like the options outlined above would solve the problem, but as far as I can tell there are no equivalent options anywhere in the Mac printer preferences, nor is there an equivalent Mac driver setup app where these things can be set.

Canon - any reply here?

missssinyou2005
Apprentice

So I have a different printer (TS6120) but I got the same message and had the same issue-my solution: look in your cassette and move the sizing piece to LTR. If that doesn’t work try them all. Mine was set for A4 somehow. I was so stressed I almost threw that thing. Hope it works. 

Announcements