cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490 Windows 10 how to reset the low ink levels have replacing the ink cartridge

10ksmom
Apprentice

I replaced my black ink cartridge with the appropriate Cannon product.  It continues to flash the low ink level warning and show low ink levels in the maintenance box.  I have deep cleaned the printer head twice, maybe 3 times.  Unplugged the machine and reloaded the ink cartridge, etc.  HELP - it will not print the black.  Color is fine. 

4 REPLIES 4

10ksmom
Apprentice
My printer is a year old.

Windows 10 Pro btw, also I have re-installed the drivers, used to connect wirelessly but is having issues so I have connected directly to my laptop. With the advice of contacting Cannon support they require you to purchase technical support now even though my printer is only a year old.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you are using a brand new, genuine Canon brand PG-245 cartridge, check to make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the cartridge.

ink

If you are not using genuine Canon ink, you may have to contact the ink that it was purchased from to see if they offer any replacement options.  If you are using a genuine Canon brand ink cartridge, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666) for troubleshooting. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I took the tape off of the cartridge before installing it.  The ink that I am using was sent to me from Cannon right after I purchased the printer in 12/2018. Cannon technical support requires that I pay for their services in order to get any help from them, even to talk to them about the printer ink that they sold to me in 2018/2019.

Announcements