Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MX922 Vertical line on copies

My MX 922 leaves a thin vertical line on copies when the original is fed through the upper feed.  No line on documents sent from PC or documents copied from the scanner glass. I've performed all the listed cleaning steps. TIA

Product Expert

Re: MX922 Vertical line on copies

[ Edited ]

Hi smiley47,

The lines on copies that you are experiencing is a result of the scan glass being dirty or scratched.  The scan glass that the printer uses when scanning from the ADF is located to the left of the larger glass area (platen) when you open the cover.  It is the smaller glass strip on the left hand side of the unit.  

Spray some glass cleaner on a paper towel and then clean the smaller glass area.  Once cleaned, try scanning from the ADF again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MX922 Document Guide.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

This page had the right instructions for fixing my problem. So that's good.

At the bottom of the page, there is a suggestion to click the "Accept as Solution" button if the solution was good. But there is no such button. There is a "Kudos" button, though. You shoud change the text to match what is on the button.

New Contributor

This did not fix the problem with the vertical stripe on my 922. Cleaning everything and  replacing the ink cartridge did not help. I have a wide blue line when printing in color. I can hear the ink cartridge carrier printing, even when the scanned document is blank. This is the first day I've used the document feeder for my new computer, and I have not had this problem before using other computers. Please send a solution.

Product Expert

Hello, kateuscher,

We would be happy to assist you with your vertical lines in the copies. The issue that you are describing looks like it is a different problem with the scanner. The issue that this one addresses would cause thin black lines. To further assist with the issue, we would need some additional information.

1. Do you get the blue line when you use the glass as well?
  2. Is the line there when you try and use black and white? If so, does the line change color?
  3. Is the line always in the same place?

Once we have that additional information, we can assist further.

New Contributor

I fixed my problem by cleaning the scanner window in the area shown in the diagram at the top of this topic. Used "invisible Glass" cleaner.