cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 Print Head Not Installed Just Appeared

dvebyd
Apprentice

Canon MX700 print head not installed is the error. Cleaned, reseated etc. etc. no luck. Suspect the 35v 220 uF capacitor(?) that can be seen in empty print head cradle --(via a slot -- suspiciously visible and readable)-- blew or something similar is causing the print head to not be recognized. Is is reasonable to try to remove and repair cradle (/capacitor?) or should I just buy a new printer? I'm reluctant to toss it since I have some unused ink cartridges for this specific printer that I would like to get some value out of before giving up.

1 REPLY 1

bodybyfisher
Apprentice

@dvebyd wrote:

Canon MX700 print head not installed is the error. Cleaned, reseated etc. etc. no luck. Suspect the 35v 220 uF capacitor(?) that can be seen in empty print head cradle --(via a slot -- suspiciously visible and readable)-- blew or something similar is causing the print head to not be recognized. Is is reasonable to try to remove and repair cradle (/capacitor?) or should I just buy a new printer? I'm reluctant to toss it since I have some unused ink cartridges for this specific printer that I would like to get some value out of before giving up.

This was a really good thought, I had the same thought, as you can see 2 capacitors there. GMTA.   You as I know that capacitors break down from time and heat, we got the U052 error intermittantly which would indicate a failing cap.    Did you ever decide to test them or did you just junk this printer.  Thanks, Mike

Announcements