cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 prints test page perfectly but not when printing something

jmk38
Apprentice

Ok so it's been a couple months since i tried a few frustrated times to get my printer to work. But I really want to fix it so I don't need to go to my local Fedex office all the time to print like 1 or 2 pages.

As in the subject, my printer prints the test page perfectly with NO streaks but prints blank pages when I actually want to print something. This happened after I put in a new ink cartridge.

I recalibrated several times and again the test page is perfect. I'm using 245 black and 246XL for color. So what is wrong? I wasted 10+ pages of new ink on test pages. Also, this is not the first time I've put in a new ink cartridge. Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, jmk38!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which apps you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

actually i finally got it to work. I just tried printing from a laptop that has Windows 8.1. the paper jammed a couple times and got support code 6000 and then the printer did not read that there was already paper loaded. but anyways, after a long time, i finally got it

We're glad you got it working! For the benefit of other Canon users who might be experiencing the same problem, please feel free to let everyone know what you did to get your printer working again.

We appreciate your contribution!

Announcements