cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP510 doesn't print some lines fully

brewmonkey
Apprentice

I was getting some lines of typing where letters weren't fully printed.  Started "Align Print Head" and looked at the sheet after it was printed and everything looked good except there was nothing printed in column "F."  I'm guessing that one of the jets is clogged. Should I try to automatically clean the print heads again? Can they be cleaned manually?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try performing some nozzle cleanings to see if this will get the ink printing correctly.  Visit the link below for details:

Print Head Deep Cleaning - MP510

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've done 3 deep cleanings over 3 days with no visible change.  The print head alignment printout is still completely blank in column "F."  The PGBK section of the nozzle check pattern printout has no lines in the lower half of every odd numbered column. 

The even numbered columns still have the correct lines and the colors look OK. 

A new print head isn't cheap and it could be a waste of money if it has some other problem like a poor wiring connection or failed electronic component.  I might try soaking the print head nozzles in IPA.

brewmonkey
Apprentice
I've done 2 cleanings & a deep cleaning without any improvement. Also on the PGBK section of the Nozzle Check Pattern there are no lines in the bottom half of the odd numbered columns. I might do another deep cleaning tomorrow.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements