cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do paper settings change the color or quality settings for all printers? any tips for TS6220?

JRM
Apprentice

I have a TS6220 printer which I have just setup and wish I had a couple more settings to play around with. I do see that I can change the paper settings for the front and rear trays. For example:

Pro Luster, Plus Semi-gloss, Glossy Matte, Cardstock etc.

I assume these will change how much ink, print head distance etc. Has anyone explored in more detail the differences for each of the settings, or have you found specific paper settings that you like?

Do any of the settings effect the resolution or detail quality of the prints other than restricting ink bleeding?

Do any settings effect the resolution beyond the Draft, Normal, Best settings available in the print dialog?

Any other "secret" tips that you have found for the TS6220 that you'd like share? or general tips for improving and controlling print quality?

thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi, JRM!

So the community can help you best, we'll need to know which operating system (macOS or Windows) and version you're using on your computer. It might also be pertinent to know whether you're connecting via WiFi or USB. 

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the response. The TS6220 printer is connected via USB, and running on Mac Mojave 10.14

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The media type selection affects how the ink is distributed on the paper.  It is recommended to choose the the closest matching media type option to ensure the best quality and to reduce any possibilities of banding on your prints. 

The quality options (Draft, Normal, Best) ultimately affect the amount of ink that is used during a print.  The higher the quality setting is, the more ink saturation.  The media type and quality settings work together to determine the resolution.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you, Michael

JRM
Apprentice

I installed GutenPrint (just being curious) and it appears that some of the auto settings are accessible in greater detail. I haven't had the time to try anything and I don't know if I ever will go beyond the normal driver. But it's such a nice little printer and its good to know that the possibility exists.

reference_0863.pngreference_0861.png

reference_0860.pngreference_0862.png

Announcements