cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I correct odd page upside down while duplex printing?

RMIGHTY1
Apprentice

My MX870 prints every other page upside down while printing a catalog in duplex mode.  How can I correct this? The catalog was written using MSWord 2007. Obviously, I can manually duplex the catalog. I am praying there is a solution to be able to automatically duplex.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RMIGHTY1.

When you enable the duplex printing option, please choose the Page Setup tab in the printer settings.  Then change the 'Stapling' setting to the desired 'Short-side'.  This should correct the way the duplex printing is performed.  The default option is Long-side left.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Michael for your response. I have tried that and it did not work. What I did do however is d/l and install the latest driver from the Canon website. Upon installation of the driver, windows7 automatically also installed their driver having a "WS" suffix. That driver did the trick and it is now duplex printing for me just fine. Thank you again for your response.

montyrosen
Apprentice

After 3 days of futile efforts to solve odd page upside printing in duplex print. The problem was solved as follows:

Go to the print menu

1. Go to quick setup

select "Preview - Duplex - Paper size - Orientation [make sure document and printer orientation are the same}

2. select "page setup "

on page layout select "normal size print" - "duplex automatic" - "stapling left side"

Print area setup  "select - used reduced printing"       Selection of " use reduced printing" is the key to solving the problem

3.  Problem solved

Thank you a million for your tme and your awesome sharing. After many times of unsuccessful tries of printing all of sudden I met your solution here and it solved the problem perfectly. I appreciate you again for your awesome sharing. All my bests.

Solution didn't work for me

Thank you montyrosen!

This solved my duplex upside-down-reversed problem on MG7520 in 30 seconds!!

yorkyeshine
Apprentice

Please, Please, can someone tell me if there is a setting to beable to change my canon Pixma 5650 from printing my alternate pages upside down.

Announcements