cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Support code 1007" on Canon MG5422 printer when trying to print.

MReynolds81
Apprentice

I have been trying to print some coupons as I've done for years and I have been getting the message "Support Code 1007" on the printer screen and saying the upper cassette is empty. Solution "Load paper". Well duh. But even if I add paper I do not want it to print from the upper tray as I am not printing photos. I am printing coupons so I'm assuming the printer thinks it's printing photos since the coupons have a small picture of the item on each one. Any way to make the lower tray the default for this? I called customer support and the rep wasn't very helpful and said he had the same trouble on his end and then proceeded to tell me "Do some research and see if you can find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help you. Have a nice day!" Some help he was. Anyone know a way around this? Never had a problem with my previous Canon printer which recently died so I bought this one and am beginning to hate it.

51 REPLIES 51

sherrylowry
Contributor
If your original file was an image (tiff, jpg, png) I think (for absolutely NO recent much less a good one) my Pixma 922 trues to print to the photo paper tray.

Dumb - yes. But that cumbersome conversion to a .pdf will then print it to my regular paper tray.

Canon, why oh why do you not use SAvvy user-interface staff who understand how buyers want to use your printers?

If you need just plain good idea people, Ideo cannot be topped.

Grrrrr 😞

When trying to print on the print dialogue box, there is + more settings, please verify that the paper size is 8X10.  Fixed my issue.  Originally 4X6 was selected, and it printed fine from PDF, but once I changed the paper size in + more settings, it stayed as 8 X10.  Why this isn't the default setting, who knows?

mrsnix
Apprentice
vonniecox - yes I solved it and told you how to in my comment.

sorry the thread has changed i am using MX925 and trying to print a4 from lower paper tray which i cant unless making doc pdf or emailing and resending

Ametis
Apprentice
I'm moving out of USA already. Can anybody share what to do with this problem? I don't want to have a long distance calls just to solve an annoying problem like this.

Thanks

StaceyHW
Apprentice

I purchased an MX 922 and only used it only a few times.  It ran out of black ink and after I replaced the ink, I am getting a code 1007 when I try to print.  My paper size is correct but it wants to print ourt of the top drawer and I am not printing photos.

Does anyone know what to do?  I see many people have the same problem but I haven't found an answer.  

Hi StaceyHW,

The 1007 error caused by:

1.  There is no paper in the cassette (upper).

2.  The paper source is incorrect.

3.  Paper is not loaded properly.

To resolve this, please place paper in the upper cassette, making sure that the small size photo paper such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm), or Hagaki are loaded.

Please note that if you cut plain paper into small size such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) and try to print on it, the paper jam will occur.

Once the paper is in place, align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Next, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Printers.

3.  Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Main tab.

5.  Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

Please attempt to print.  If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

RachelCl
Apprentice
I'm getting the exact same problem since I replaced the ink too. I now can't print at all.

Ametis
Apprentice
Hi Patrick

I have the same problem with Stacey.

Problem is, we are NOT printing photos. I was trying to print document from ios phone.
Why it got treated as photos? Even though it is an excel document

Thanks

Hi Ametis,

Are you printing using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app or are you printing using AirPrint?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements