cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Support code 1007" on Canon MG5422 printer when trying to print.

MReynolds81
Apprentice

I have been trying to print some coupons as I've done for years and I have been getting the message "Support Code 1007" on the printer screen and saying the upper cassette is empty. Solution "Load paper". Well duh. But even if I add paper I do not want it to print from the upper tray as I am not printing photos. I am printing coupons so I'm assuming the printer thinks it's printing photos since the coupons have a small picture of the item on each one. Any way to make the lower tray the default for this? I called customer support and the rep wasn't very helpful and said he had the same trouble on his end and then proceeded to tell me "Do some research and see if you can find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help you. Have a nice day!" Some help he was. Anyone know a way around this? Never had a problem with my previous Canon printer which recently died so I bought this one and am beginning to hate it.

51 REPLIES 51

Hi dkparm27,

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1.  Remove the cassette from your PIXMA MG5422.

2.  Remove the paper from the cassette and restack it.  Place the paper back in the cassette.

3.  Align the paper guides with the edges of the paper.

4.  Check the page size setting on your PIXMA MG5422 and make sure it matches the paper size in the cassette.

5.  Press OK.

Once set, please attempt to print.

If the issue continues, resetting your PIXMA MG5422 may resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  On your PIXMA MG5420, select Setup from the Home screen.

2.  Select Device Settings and press the OK button.

3.  Use the up or down button to select Reset setting and press the OK button.

4.  Use the up or down button to select Reset all and press the OK button.

Once reset, please attempt to print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MrsRunyan
Apprentice

I'm also a couponer and am having this same problem. It printed out the first 2 jobs, no problem. But when I switched to another computer to print more, I started getting this message. Did you ever come across a resolution?

Alankritha
Apprentice

I too had same problem but found a workaround. This printer has 2 trays, lower tray for letter & A4 size. Upper tray for up to 5x7 photo paper. The information sent to the printer from the websites or email attachments is telling it to print from the upper tray. One workaround is, save the page or attachment as PDF and then try to print from the pdf document. It worked for me this way.

I too am having the same problem. I cannot print from my iMac or Macbook Air if I'm connected through wifi. If I connect using a printer to USB cable, the printer  prints correctly. I haven't had any problems printing except for coupons.

just wanted to say thanks for the workaround - that worked for me too on the MG6320

jenner77
Apprentice
Someone SERIOUSLY needs to fix this problem as this post is over a year old and I am having this problem on a printer I just bought. This is SO annoying that I can't print my coupons!

I get this weather printing wirelessly from an iMac running OS X 10.10.2 or from an ipad.  My printer is essentially dead.  Any help would be appreciated.

If I turn the printer off and on again (which takes like 5 minutes) one page will print so it's not that I selected a photo paper size by mistake.  There's something wrong with the printer that it can't pick up the paper.  Is there anything in the paper path that needs regular cleaning?

same problem. I can print wireless from my macDesktop but not from my Laptop. Installed new drivers, same problems. Continue to get support code 1007.

for real
Announcements