Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Fine art printing on a Canon Pixma Pro10s

Hello Canon community,

Posting from the UK here as I;m trying to get some support for an issue with my new Canon Pixma Pro10s and i can;t find any similar issues anywhere.

FIrst up - the printer works, is connected to my mac and prints A-OK on standard Canon papers ( Glossy, Oyster and Matt )

I can print throught lightroom, light room plugin and Print Shop Pro - everything works.

Prints look great, no issues there.

However, when I try and print to fine art papers the image will not centre - specifically on A4 (210x297mm)

I am aware of the margin 30 setting for thicker papers - but no matter how I set the job up - the print will come out off centre and at the wrong size.

For instance; lightroom preview gives me a printed area size of 150x237mm on a sheet of A4 which make sense - 30mm margins all around.

But when printed, prints come out smaller at a printed ara size of 210x140mm and with inconsistent margins.

The same happens in Canon's Print Shop Pro, but the alignment is inconsistent with Lightroom. Lightroom's PSP plugin also.

I am baffled. What gives?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Rich