02-29-2016 01:46 PM
The 6C10 error is a generic internal error code. Unfortunately, it could mean one of many things. To resolve the 6C10 error, please follow the following steps:
1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.
2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).
3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.
3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.
4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.
5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.
6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.
7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.
8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.
9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)
If the above procedure does not resolve the 6C10 error, please contact our support group using the following link:
10-21-2020 04:18 PM
I also have error code 6C10. I have no paper jam. I confess my MX860 sat (inside my home) unused for 4 years. Since all the ink cartridges are now empty, I suspect the ink seeped into places inside the printer it was never intended to be. I have cleaned and cleaned the inside works (without disassembling), but I still get the 6C10 error message. I am willing to disassemble it to give it a thorough cleaning if that might work. Suggestions are invited.
11-18-2020 04:17 PM
Because there wasn't a paper jam causing this, it would appear that your PIXMA MX860 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
12-09-2020 08:51 AM
I also have a Canon MX860 with the 6C10 error code. I have followed your directions and still receieve the error. I'd like to utilize the upgrade program but every time I call the 866 number, it tells me they're closed. I called last night at 11pm EST and this morning at 8:45 am EST. Are the operating hours you have listed below EST?
12-15-2020 12:18 AM
I have the same problem, it used to recover after power off but now is stuck for good. No paper jam. I cleaned as much as I could but no help. Is there a plan for trade in or discounts?