cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cano i850 print head:

deshacn
Contributor

how to tell if print head needs replacement;  have completed all cleaning procedures, ge

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi deshacn,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

No error messages on printer (canoni850 has NO display window); no error messages from any Print functions in programs.  When tryin to print from WinWord or Acrobat get a blank page.  On nozzle pattern column A and F are blank, but columns L and M show good black color.  Also, NO pattern for Black grid shows above the Color grids as seen on sample nozzle patterns.

Sample:

nozzl ck Capture.JPGA and F blank  black grid not seen on my pattern

Have you tried to clean the head with ammonia?

If not take the head out and mix 1 oz ammonia with 8oz. of 180 degree or so water.Insert head and let it sit for 15 minutes.

Completely dry the head being careful not to touch the nozzle area.

Insert back into machine and do a  deep clean.

Are you using Canon ink?

If not the pigment size of your supplier may not be compatible and is clogging some nozzles.

I have revived many printheads this way..

NO luck;  Tried your suggestion, let print head dry overnight, and re-inserted.  Now I got an error code flash of Nine flashes, indicating faulty print head.  Re-inserted again with same results,  wiped contacts with a Q-Tip (I know, unadvisable), left printer OFF for a day.  When turning ON printer, no more error flash, but NO Black ink output either.  Should I look to buy a print head, or just junk the printer (it's about 15 years old)  Also, could not find any help from Canon where to go to purchase.  Any ideas?

Sorry to hear this.

I would suggest a new printer.

You can try ebay for a printhead if you have tons of ink.

Have you tried shaking the PGI3 Black and then tapping

it on to a paper towel to see if ink does come out?

Ramona
Authority

Hi deshacn,

When an ink does not print, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings to try and get the ink to print.  If you have already performed these actions and the ink still does not print, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements