cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install MP495 with Cannon set up disc.

barbarao607
Apprentice

I am trying to install my Cannon MP495 printer/scanner using the Cannon disc. It will not install, the disc begins, but then I get this error message:    " Printer driver is currentley in use. If you are not using the printer driver, it may be used by others on this computer. Exit all applications and printer properties and then try again. If you still have a problem, restart the computer and then try again."

I am the only one on this computer, there are no other printers. This is a new computer running Windows10. Thanks for any help

Barbara

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi barbarao607,

To resolve this, first, please remove all Canon printers that are installed on your computer by following these steps (if you are not able to complete a step, please contiune to the next step):

1.  Turn your PIXMA MP495 off.

2.  Right click the Windows Start button and left click on Control Panel.

3.  Click on View devices and printers under the Hardware and Sound heading.

4.  Right click the PIXMA MP495 and left click Remove device.

5.  If a User Account Control message appears, type in the password, and then click Yes.

6.  Click once on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and then click Print server properties at the top, in the menu bar.

7.  Click the Drivers tab.

8.  Click Change Driver Settings.

9.  If a User Account Control message appears, type in the password, and then click Yes.

10.  Choose the Canon PIXMA MP495 and then click Remove... .

11.  Choose Remove driver and driver package, and then click OK.  Follow the on-screen instructions.

12.  If there are any other PIXMA MP495s in the list, remove those as well.

13.  Close all of the open windows.

The printer driver is now uninstalled.

Once removed, please use the following link to download the latest driver for your PIXMA MP495:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp...

Once downloaded, double click "mp68-win-mp495-1_03-ejs.exe" on your Downloads folder to install your PIXMA MP495 on your computer.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements