cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send via server communication error

wrnoof
Contributor

Until today I could wirelessly transfer my pictures from my SX280 HS to my computer from a remote location useing "Send via Server". Today after the first file upload progress bar completes, I get "Communication Error" "Error Detected". Is something wrong with the server? I am able to upload to the Canon Image Gateway, but that option offers no automatic transfer to my computer. I have reinstalled Camer Window and have tried again with my computer turned both off and on. I also reset the wireless settings on the camera. None of this works. All the other wireless functions on the camera work fine.

Perhaps its a firewall issue, but disabling the Norton firewall doesn't help either. Does anyone have any suggestions for making this work?

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wrnoof
Contributor

I was able to solve this problem roughly as follows:

• I logged into my Canon iMage Gateway account and deleted all existing web services listed there
  • -- Click on the link for your camera
  • -- Click on "Web Service Settings"
  • -- Click on "Delete camera link settings".
  • I then connected the camera to my desktop where Camera Window is installed. Wifi or USB both work.
  • I reestablished the "Web Service Setting" through Camera Window.
  • I am not at that machine right now and cannot walk anyone through the exact steps for this part of the process

That's it. I disconnected the camera from the computer and attempted the "Send via Server" option on the camera. It worked the first time. Photos uploaded into the ether and magically appeared in the designated folder on my home computer.

Bob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wrnoof
Contributor
I tried to "Send via Server" againtoday from another wi-fi location with the same results - it failed.
I should mention that my computer OS is Win7 Pro, not, since the problem seems to be between the camera and the Canon server, that it matters at all.

wrnoof
Contributor

I was able to solve this problem roughly as follows:

• I logged into my Canon iMage Gateway account and deleted all existing web services listed there
  • -- Click on the link for your camera
  • -- Click on "Web Service Settings"
  • -- Click on "Delete camera link settings".
  • I then connected the camera to my desktop where Camera Window is installed. Wifi or USB both work.
  • I reestablished the "Web Service Setting" through Camera Window.
  • I am not at that machine right now and cannot walk anyone through the exact steps for this part of the process

That's it. I disconnected the camera from the computer and attempted the "Send via Server" option on the camera. It worked the first time. Photos uploaded into the ether and magically appeared in the designated folder on my home computer.

Bob

Announcements