cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot ELPH 135 compatibility wi/ Mac OSX 10.6.8

reneea
Apprentice

I have a 3 year old Mac Book with OSX 10.6.8. Just got a nifty new Powershot ELPH 135 and Mac doesn't recognize it. Old Powershot worked fine, USB cord is good, batteries charged, etc. Is there a free softward download, can't seem to find one.

3 REPLIES 3

reneea
Apprentice
Me again: I found and downloaded the latest (free) version of Mac OS (10.9.5). I also downloaded the correct camera driver from the Canon site. When I plug Powershot into the Mac, the camera icon comes on and then says No Camera Was Found. Any ideas?

Hi reneea!

Thanks for posting.

Did you download the [Digital Camera Software 3.0] from our website?  If not, please download that and install it.  Click HERE to go to the download page.

Do you have any devices connected to your Mac other than your camera?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I did, as well as the latest Mac OS mavericks, no other devices were connected and download was successful. However, when I connect it to my Mac it says "No camera was found." Mac doesn't have an SD card slot. Mac Forum suggested a USB SD card reader. Thank you.
Announcements