cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have ELPH 135..and cannot access LIVE mode..when I push up arrow I get auto ir monochrome..Help?

linny419
Apprentice

I cannot get to Live mode..When I push the up arrow I get only auto or monochrome.  Had it yesterday but cannot remember how I got it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

8 REPLIES 8

John_
Authority

You have to push the up arrow more than once...have you tried that ?

Also Live veiw may not be available depending on the settings you have have selected. Starting on page 194 and forward you can see which settings will block live veiw. There are many of them.

You can try a reset to defaults if you are not sure what may have changed

Thx but I do not have page 194 in the user manual...but i think I finally figured it out

Well thats good then! 

You can download your full user manual from Canon at the link below. The full manual is over 222 pages under the Guides and Manuals heading

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_elph_135#Brochures...

Thanks John..there are two areas for the manual and I picked the one thatwas 119..you have been most accomodating and I want you to know it is very much appreciated.

your welcome !

I have the same problem. I have pressed the up button many times, and it only toggles between AUTO and P.  I have looked over the manual and not found any unacceptable settings, and I have reset to defaults.  It still doesn't do LIVE.  What should I try next?

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Vt3,

You may set the "up arrow" function to a number of modes.  In this case, you've chosen "P".

To change this, set the camera to "P", then press the FUNC SET button.  Now, go to P and press the RIGHT ARROW button, then use the UP or DOWN ARROW to select "Live" (or other mode of your choice.  Now press the FUNC SET button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

yep -- that was it.

Announcements