cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx740 photo transfer

gorillabay
Apprentice

I've had several different versions of the PowerShot, and until now I imported the photos with a cable and the CameraWindow app. I found that to be very easy. 

The 740, however, is very difficult. The Image Transfer Utility is fine for sending photos wirelessly over my network. I set this all up with relative ease and it started transferring the photos. But I am near the end of a memory card and I do not need to transfer the entire card. I only want to transfer the photos from the last couple of days. There seems to be no option to transfer only certain images, as it was with CameraWindow. 

So I looked up how to transfer another way and Canon site stipulated that if you hook it up to your computer via the micro-USB it should come up as a device but it is not recognizing it at all.

I find all this to be quite infuriating. You lay down the bucks for a shiny new camera and they make it more complicated. Plus, what if you want to transfer photos and you are not at home or on someone's network? This is insane - there has to be a way to go in there and decide exactly what images you want to import, and be able to do that no matter where you are located.

1 REPLY 1

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You often have to turn the wifi off before using the USB.

You can always use a card reader.

Announcements