cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx70 DOWNLOAD PICS VIA usb

rrrccc01
Contributor

Hello, 

I am a Canon EOS T7 user and I just picked up a SX70 HS point and shoot super-zoom for cheap. I upgraded the firmware, took a couple pics plugged the USB cable into my Windows computer and discover the EOS Utility doesn't support the SX70... bummer. With Windows I can see the camera and storage and copy pics, but no nice create and put the pics in date taken folders. 

So I go digging around and find the SX70 wants software called "Image Transfer Utility 2", so I download, install and discover "Image Transfer Utility 2" will only work via WiFi, which doesn't make me happy... pain in the backside if you ask me. 

My questions are 

Am I missing something, that is, is there a way to

1. Make the EOS Utility see the SX70? 

or

2. Use the "Image Transfer Utility 2" with a USB cable

or

3. Some other software that will use a USB cable and download the images to folders by date taken?

Inquiring minds want to know... thanks in advance

RC

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Software is not required to transfer photos to your computer, PC or Mac.  You can use Ctrl+A or Command+A to select all and copy the photos.  You can also use a card reader.  Both windows and Mac can copy files natively.  

The EOS utility doesn't support the sx70 as far as I'm aware.

I occasionally use wireless transfer with the Canon Connect app, but this transfer method is typically undesirable.  The SX70 is supported, but that doesn't get the images on a computer for you. 

I do my own folder chronology so let's see if someone else has a good idea.  There are a lot of culling apps out there that may do this for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements