cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photos lost

emmao13
Apprentice

I have recently started using an old digital camera. It is the canon powershot A4000 IS (red). I bought an SD card reader from amazon to be able to transfer the photos to my phone from the camera. When I plugged in the SD card to the reader and then into my phone, I was unable to find the photos in the file app on my phone. After trying to troubleshoot, I just put the SD card back into my camera. When I turned my camera back on, there were no photos on the camera at all. Has this happened to anyone before? Is there anyway to recover them??

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome!

The SD caard id not, in itseld, capable of initiating the. Deletion of files - it is a slave to whatever device: phone, tablet, pc into which it is plugged. Thus, suspicion falls on the phone , of which we know nothing.

So can you provide precise details of the type and operating system version. Also what exactly did you do when you plugged in the SD card?

Finally what make and specs SD card did you have. Is this a new purchase?

Is it a micro-SD card with adapter?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

This is the SD card reader I bought from amazon, I have used it before to download photos to my phone and had no issues:

<Third party link removed per Community guidelines>

I have an iPhone 14 Pro. I plugged in the SD card to the reader and then looked on the "Files" app on my phone because that is where I previously donwlaoded photos from. I looked everywhere and could not find the photos anywhere. I tried to unplug and replug in the reader to my phone but that did not work. I also tried using my sisters phone to see if they would show up on hers and they did not. Then, I returned the SD card to the camera and after turning it on it said "no Images", and they were no where. I checked the trash on the camera. 

The SD card is not a new purchase, not sure how old it is. It is a Lexar, platinum II 16gb, 300x 45MB/s. 

thanks in advance

click here to view the gallery
Announcements