cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my power shot SX400 Is not on my computer

my4little1
Apprentice

I some how lost my hardwear, download of my power shot SX400 IS. I tried to down load it back but it still does not show up. I plig in my camera. nothing happens. I have windows 10  i am using Microft Edge. How do i get it back on my computer. yes i click link to down load. Yet it is gone. only thing i did new was update my computer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@my4little1 wrote:

Whyy is it my download was wipe away. I updated. It been on my computer for almost a year. Until Microsoft gave me a update to windows 11.

I'm a MS long term and fairly advanced user (I was on the design team for some time) but I would not go so far as to download it while it is still in its initial versions if you want 3rd party apps to work predictably.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You may just have to simply manually select the images on the card you wish to download, or just use a card reader.

The default behavior is for camera and application to only download "new" photos.  When the images are downloaded, they are somehow tagged as having been previously download.  This is done so that the next time you download photos, only the photos that get downloaded are the ones that have never been downloaded before.  This avoids duplicates.

Again, try to manually select the images you wish to download.  Or, try using a card reader to download images.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Whyy is it my download was wipe away. I updated. It been on my computer for almost a year. Until Microsoft gave me a update to windows 11.

@my4little1 wrote:

Your computer has been updated to Windows 11?  I thought you were running Windows 10,  At any rebate, the computer should have updated to Windows 11 without your consent.

It is quite possible that Canon has not yet updated their apps to Windows 11,  Win11 was just released on Oct 6.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@my4little1 wrote:

I'm a MS long term and fairly advanced user (I was on the design team for some time) but I would not go so far as to download it while it is still in its initial versions if you want 3rd party apps to work predictably.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements