Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make date stamp using PowerShot SX720 HS

vobekk
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority

The image file contains metadata that includes a date. I do not believe there is a way to make the date and time appear on the image. That was an old timey feature on old film cameras where the date was burned onto the film in camera.  It was definitely not something for nice photos only for snapshots. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Yes the time and date stamp is not a feature on that model Powershot or any I don't think.

Joeh956
Apprentice
The sx610 has The option of using the date stamp or not so if you want to take nice photos you do not have to use the date stamp. I am a home inspector and need the date stamp and just bought the 720 not realizing that is not an option so I will be returning that camera

PIXMA-NO-MORE
Apprentice

I am also a Home Inspector and need date stamp, so will be sending back to Amazon.  Too bad, nice camera.  Simple, yet important feature.  

Announcements