cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the sx520hs have a view finder

mxbob
Contributor

just got the sx520hs.  looks like a nice camera, but I want a view finder.  This one has 2 small holes kind of where the view finder might be and I wondered if it was an accesory

or, what other camera is equivalent to the sx5250hs that does have a view finder

20 REPLIES 20

John_
Authority

No there isn't a viewfinder or an option for one on those...only the LCD

I think those 2 small holes you are talking about are the microphones.

John_
Authority
SX40HS, SX50HS are better cameras in my opinion and also have a powerful zoom...40X and 50X respectfully

the sx50hs only has 12 megapixals compared to the sx520hs which has 16

yes your right, they went back to 16mp with the new SX60HS though which has a 60X optical zoom. I have the SX50HS and am quite happy with the quality of the prints I get at 12.1 MP though. 

Im holding out for the SX100HS !  lol

is there much difference between 12 and 16 mp

or, is there much difference between a 40x and 50x zoom

does the sx59hs have a view finder

I spoke to soon. The SX40 has an optical zoom of 35X a max of 140X, The SX50 is 50X a max of 200X and the SX60 is 65X for a max of 260X. There is a big difference when you add the 4X digital zoom into the equation for the Max zoom which may or may not be important to you. I like having the better lens and the longer zoom available when I need it.

The SX40 ans 50 use the Digic 5 processor which is a powerful processor and the SX60 uses the newest Digic 6 processor which adds some processing power.

The SX 50 and 60 have a better lens system than the 40.

The SX60 has a sightly larrger LCD than the other 2 models.

For me a difference of 4mp is not a deal breaker but for some it might be.

There is a huge difference in prices though where Canon is selling refurbished SX40's for $135 a very good deal.

SX50's are going for $350 new and the newest SX60 is going for $500 in the Canon store.

Take you time, google your questions and reveiws online you'd be surprised at what information you can find on these. The first that comes to mind are the reveiws that you can find online for each any pretty much any model.

ended up getting the sx50hs      thanks for your help

Geat choice you will not be sorry!!...it is a powerufl camera I think Ive read the manual at least 3 times now and still keep finding out more things about it.

Ive had mine for over a year now and have not had any problems with it at all. I did purchase an extended warranty, 3 years with accidental dmage protection, through Square Trade just for peace of mind. Plus I paid top dollar for it, almost $500 when I bought it since it was a new model.

Repairs on these cameras get expensive and I did not want to worry about that after the 1 year warranty expired or if there was an accidental accident.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements