cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting camera to U-Verse PC via wi-fi

Paul17
Contributor

I cannot connect my Power Shot SX620 camera to my U-Verse networked PC and Canon customer support has not been able to help me.  Has anyone had success with this ?

20 REPLIES 20

Stephen

Hi Paul17,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or Mac OS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

My PC is running Windows 8.1 and has the Canon software installed.  It is hard wire connected to my U-Verse router.  I can wirelessly connect any of a number of devices to this network, but not my Canon PowerShot SX620 HS camera.  I follow the instructions, the camera sees my U-Verse network, I enter the password, and the camera responds "Connection Failed".  So, I am not even getting to my PC since I can't wirelessly connect to my U-Verse network.

I am well aware that I can use a USB cable to connect the camera to my PC - as I did with my earlier Canon camera - but the wi-fi capability is part of what I paid extra for when purchasing this camera.

Did you enable the indicated settings?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, jrhoffman75  I went through the Wi-Fi Connection Setup again just now and the response was "already set".

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
But you still get Connection Failed when you go through the connection steps?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That is correct.  Note that I don't even get to see my PC from the camera because I can't log into my U-Verse network from it.  I have no problem, however, logging into my U-Verse network wirelessly from laptop computers.

Maybe there';s some help here:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/PowerShot/PowerShot-SX530-not-detected/td-p/154552

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@Paul17 wrote:

That is correct.  Note that I don't even get to see my PC from the camera because I can't log into my U-Verse network from it.  I have no problem, however, logging into my U-Verse network wirelessly from laptop computers.

Check your security settings for your wireless access point.  The behavior you describe is consistent with their being a list of approved MAC addresses that can connect, while all olthers are ignored and rejected.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle - How can I know the MAC address of my camera ?

Announcements