cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Written instruction how to install a Canon SD 770 IS Battery Door Cover?

bkeine
Apprentice

Hello,

Re: Canon SD 770 IS Battery Door Cover Replacement

Do you have a description how to install this battery cover? You can’t just pop it in, probably have to loosen some screws on the body.

Thank you,

Bernd

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hello bkeine,

We just wanted to let you know that we don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs. So, if you’re experiencing a problem with your PowerShot SD770 IS, it’s best to let a professional Canon Factory Service Center Technician do the work to keep you and your gear safe.

You can start the process here:  bitly.com/CanonRepairs

Thanks!

12 JAN 2014

This is not a satisfactory answer - for me. This minor repair to be performed by a Canon Factory Service Center Technician will probably cost me half the price of a new camera.

I am an engineer and well versed with watch and similar repairs, therefore a simple sequence of removing screws etc. would have been sufficient.

The battery door cover is extremely flimsy plastic and breaks very easily, probably by loosing the softeners over time which leads to the part becoming very brittle. Numerous websites selling this item attest to that.

I was hoping that a forum would give people some practical advice and not simply refer to a factory repair.

That I could have done by myself.

Thank you,

Bernd

@bkeine wrote:

12 JAN 2014

This is not a satisfactory answer - for me. This minor repair to be performed by a Canon Factory Service Center Technician will probably cost me half the price of a new camera.

I am an engineer and well versed with watch and similar repairs, therefore a simple sequence of removing screws etc. would have been sufficient.

The battery door cover is extremely flimsy plastic and breaks very easily, probably by loosing the softeners over time which leads to the part becoming very brittle. Numerous websites selling this item attest to that.

I was hoping that a forum would give people some practical advice and not simply refer to a factory repair.

That I could have done by myself.

Thank you,

Bernd

I'm sure your snarky reply will get you satisfaction.

Announcements