Did you mean: 

Which powershot?

rock22
Apprentice

I am looking to get a power shot, I'm stuck between these two:

ELPH 110 HS

or

S100

I will be using these for a hiking trip and anywhere.

I want a decent battery life. Will be doing both photo taking and HD video.

I like how the S100 has all the options, but maybe the 110 HS has better quailty? 

Any help to help me decided will be apprecated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi rock22,

I am glad to help you with your decision.  The ELPH 110 HS does have a little bit of a higher resolution image sensor, but the video recording resolution will be the same on both the ELPH 110 HS and the S110.  The advantages you will get from the S110 will be the additional options, the wider f/2 maximum aperture and the faster burst speeds.  Also, the physical size of the image sensor in the S100 is larger than the image sensor in the ELPH 110 HS.  This also contributes to the higher quality you may see from the S110 overall.

Both are really great cameras, so I hope this helps you make the best decision.  Let us know if you have any more questions.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@inactive010823 wrote:

Hi rock22,

I am glad to help you with your decision.  The ELPH 110 HS does have a little bit of a higher resolution image sensor, but the video recording resolution will be the same on both the ELPH 110 HS and the S110.  The advantages you will get from the S110 will be the additional options, the wider f/2 maximum aperture and the faster burst speeds.  Also, the physical size of the image sensor in the S100 is larger than the image sensor in the ELPH 110 HS.  This also contributes to the higher quality you may see from the S110 overall.

Both are really great cameras, so I hope this helps you make the best decision.  Let us know if you have any more questions. 

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

The above is all true but something not mentioned which is most important to me is the ability to capture RAW images for more processing options. The S100, or S110, also has more control options such as the control ring around the lens and exposure options such as aperture and shutter speed prioity.

-------------------------------------
http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/
http://trulandphoto.blogspot.com/
Announcements