cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to remove Toy Camera Effects?

jjckflsh
Contributor

Hello and thank you to all who read this post.

I own a Cannon G7X MII.  I shot some images and didn't realize that the Toy Camera effect was enabled till I downloaded the images and tried to view them on my laptop.  Dam!  I have noticed that as the images are being processed on my laptop for display that they initially for a brief moment display normally then process the Toy Camera Effect at the very end.  It seems that this is an add on logarithm that is processed at the end.  My question is, Is there a way to take out this effect from these images?  Through any software?  Or could I possibly upload these images back into  G7X MII and modify the images in there?  Any thoughts would be appreciated - Thank you!

Jack 

12 REPLIES 12

I have further found that the effect is viewable on the camera screen but is not on either the jpeg or raw images downloaded from the camera. So a problem just in the screen display of the camera. See photo.

IMG20220516133426.jpg

Hey VicDee,  While I can see that your camera has the "the toy camera effect" in my case they were part of the image file.  PS. nice view of the water! If you look at my picture to the upper left, it is opened in the windows image viewer.  The image maintained the effect in my other image viewers also.  The only way I found to get rid of this was to convert the images into .tiff images.

jjckflsh
Contributor

Hello All,

Sorry about the delay.  No one had posted in a while and I didn't keep up with it.  My photos with the Toy Camera effect were RAW.  Here is a screen capture with the file extension.  I eventually figured out what to do with the help of Kvbarkley's suggestion.    There is no drop down solution in Photo Shop that I could find.  So what I did was to save the image as a .tiff file.  It took out the effect.  You will have to reconvert it what ever file you will need.  Sorry forgot the image.

RAW ImageRAW Image

Announcements